December 20, 2012

The Greatest Gift

Every year during the holidays, someone calls me and tells me that they want to give my coaching package to someone they love for Christmas. Last year it was a wife who wanted to give the gift to her husband who had been thinking about working with a coach to help him with his accent and overcome his fear of public speaking. She wanted to wrap the certificate in a box and put it under the tree with a big red bow. When he unwrapped it, he couldn't believe his gift; it was exactly what he wanted. We began an exciting eight-week journey together. He loved his sessions, and improved with great precision. Every now and then, he still comes to me for a 'brush up' session.

This year, I got a call from a woman I had coached four years ago who wanted to give the gift of my coaching to her brother, a doctor from Cuba, to help him pass the oral section on an exam to practice in America. He was feeling discouraged because he did not pass that part of the exam.  He needed not only to reduce his accent, but build confidence in English--fast.  Wow, I thought, she really, really loves her brother.  What a gift. What a caring, loving, thoughtful gift.

I am always just beside myself when this happens. In fact, I shed a tear or two when I hear the person telling me how much they want to give this gift to someone they love, and why they want to give it. I am thankful for the value and success of my coaching. I am thankful to God that he gave me this gift of being able to help people. I am thankful that my coaching changes lives. Forever. I am thankful that love is involved in giving the gift of my coaching.  And I am thankful for the amazing and extraordinary people who come to me.  My clients never cease to amaze me.  They are my gift, for Christmas and always.


"Lisa-isms"



The greatest Christmas gift is LOVE
--Lisa

1 comment:

Jerrilynn said...

Incredible post!! Great job!!